We can’t say it’s a vitamin. We can't say it will cure you. We can’t say it will change your life.
We can say that there is no limit to Mama-Kii’s potential for you.
Presumed Health Benefits – Legend and Tradition
For thousands of years Hawaiians have known what a supreme leaf it is. You could say that they were the test patients for this incredible powerhouse. Revered and treasured as a sacred plant, Hawaiian's used mamaki for generations to aid in overall health and well-being. With love and care, parents passed on the secret of mamaki to their children. Now Mama-Kii is sharing that secret with you!
Scientifically Reported Benefits
An extensive scientific study was conducted at the University of Hawaii on mamaki tea. A collaborative effort between the Department of Human Nutrition, Food, and Animal Science and the Department of Molecular Biosciences and Bioengineering was supportive of the benefits shared in Hawaiian folklore. (Kartika, Li, Wall, Nakamoto, Iwaoka, 2007)
Three major antioxidants in mamaki leaves were identified in the University of Hawaii study. They are catechins, chlorogenic acid and rutin.
- Catechins are a type of antioxidant found in the greatest abundance in the leaves of the tea plant. In smaller amounts, catechins are found in other foods such as red wine, chocolate, berries, and apples. The health benefits of tea catechins have been under close examination since the 1990s due to the strong association of tea with long life and health in many ancient cultures.
- Chlorogenic acid is a powerful antioxidant. It is commonly found in root vegetables such as carrots, radishes, turnips, and burdock.
- Rutin is a flavonoid in the polyphenol family. Rutin is commonly found in red wine, buckwheat, citrus, and tomato skin. An animal study also showed that rutin is an antioxidant effective in controlling bodyweight.
Studies of the proprietary grown Mama-Kii tea found traces of antioxidants including EGCg, as well as beta-carotene and certain minerals: calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus.
Research shows that:
- Antioxidants may help maintain cell integrity and fight free radicals.
- Beta-Carotene may neutralize free radicals and increase cellular antioxidant defense.
- Calcium is understood to build strong bones.
- Magnesium contributes to bone health and healthy immune function.
- Potassium can help maintain a healthy blood pressure level in combination with a low-sodium diet.
Why do you need to try Mama-Kii? You cannot possibly escape it positively affecting you. it is 100% natural, caffeine-free, gluten-free, cholesterol-free and good for mind and body with an exquisitely smooth flavor.
Remember, not all mamaki is created equal. It all depends on where and how it was grown. With the perfect combination of pure water and volcanic soil you know you get the best with our exclusive Mama-Kii from Wood Valley Plantation. It’s the all-in-one tea you can savor and enjoy. Aloha good life!
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.